My Heart, Captured


Her dimpled little hand pats my cheek.  My eyes won't open. 
Not yet, please, not yet, I beg.
The hand circles my face, first this way, then that while she exclaims, "oooooooo."
I smile.
My eyes open and I look into the chubby face so near it is blurry.
  She smiles back at me.
"Goodmorning, Olivia"  I say.  She responds with a hug.  She pats my back. 
She is mimicking me,
and alhtough my body is telling me it is not ready to be awake,
I think to myself, this is the perfect way to wake up.


Then, she puckers up big for a good morning kiss.
No  longer does it matter that she wouldn't go to sleep last night.  
No longer am I begrduging her the huge fit she threw at the dinner table yesterday, 
or the fact that it is well before 7 am and I am sure I am not fully human until after 7 am.

She is nurturing me, patting my back, cirling my face with her sweet little hands.
Who can resist such love?  Such utter cuteness?



She has captured my heart. 
Again.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment