It has been snowing since I arrived home from Anna's.
We are glad for the snow pack, which means a green summer.
The children are loving hours of sledding and making of snow forts each afternoon.
Meanwhile inside, I am planning yummy things to eat,
a favorite pastime of mine.
My thoughtful daughter Anna bought me the Lodge Cast Iron Cookbook.
If you love your cast iron like I do,
ya'all need this book.
So far, we have tried three recipes, and they have all been OUTSTANDING.
This morning, I made the Breakfast Fritata for the family.
Anna had made this for me when I was visiting her.
I knew my family would love it as much as I did, and sure enough, Jim said,
"MMM can we have this EVERYDAY for breakfast?!"
Sausage, spinach (they didn't even notice or fuss), eggs, milk, feta, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper.
Very simple.
The ingredients are common for us, so I had them all on hand.
Little cleanup since it is a one dish meal, love that,
and all the children ate it happily.
Really, really love that!
For the actual recipe, you'll need to get that book. :-)
Happy cooking to you!
Julianne






0 comments:
Post a Comment