Honestly, I have not had the greatest success in encouraging my children to be best friends;
even though "Be kind and loving to each other" is without a doubt the most quoted phrase
of any in our house.
I am, therefore, always on the lookout for new ways to promote loving kindness within the family.
I do have a new idea,
and I am excited about it.
I am not sure what, if any, the results may be, but we are going to try it.
Today is the first day of February, a good day to begin,
as my desire is to display love to one another in a variety of ways throughout the month,
not just on Valentines day.
The big idea is a Lovingkindess Mailbox.
It all started when I was looking up fun stuff to make with cardboard on Pinterest.
There I saw a cardboard mailbox, and bam! The whole idea struck me.
Yesterday, the younger children made us a mailbox.
I wrapped it in paper to help improve the looks.
(chuckle)
Next to the mailbox is a stack of 3 x 5 cards and a bunch of Valentines stickers.
Here are the rules:
1. Each day, everyone in the family must write a nice note to one family member and stick it in the mailbox.
2. You must write every person in the family before you repeat a note to a person.
3. Mail will be handed out every day at dinner.
The children were enthusiastic about getting started., and
I am interested to see how things turn out at dinner tonight!
Please ,do tell, what do you find helpful to promote kindness in your family?
Awaiting your ideas,
Julianne






0 comments:
Post a Comment